Sign-Special Call meeting

Sign-Special Call meeting

Postby Nick Pavlis » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Good afternoon all,

I am looking forward to tackling the sign issue next Thursday. We all know this has been a long, arduous journey, and I'd like to extend a special thanks to Councilman Grieve and Wallace for their leadership.

There has been discussion regarding the format of the meeting. Just so you know, I have spoken to Scenic Knoxville and the Chamber, and they agree that the best format is to have 3 speakers on each side with five minutes each as usual. The only difference is that we will do this on the front end of the meeting and then commence our work. This, of course, does not preclude Council members from asking specific questions to individuals in the audience.

I hope you agree we are well versed on both sides of the issue. Individuals and special interest groups have had plenty of opportunities over the past three years to be heard. This is one of 4 meetings that will be held so that interested parties can voice their varying opinion(s); April 9th meeting, MPC, and then two readings at Council meetings. This format will help us get through a potentially long evening and move the issue on to MPC.

Thank you,

Nick Pavlis
Nick Pavlis

Re: Sign-Special Call meeting

Postby Duane Grieve » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:33 pm

Thanks Nick, looking forward to the completion of this task!
Duane
Duane Grieve

Postby Duane Grieve » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:10 am

Nick, in regard to our meeting on the Sign Ordinance, as we review each section, if there is public discussion, let's have a time limit for the responses. 2 minutes?? Duane
Duane Grieve

Postby Nick Pavlis » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:14 am

Duane this is not what each side agreed to and I am hesitant to change things now. Both you and George agreed to this and I then proceeeded to the Chamber and Scenic Knoxville folks they bothed agreed. They have planned for this and to change the format now would not serve any well. Again, over three years of meetings, public meetings, workshops, and 4 more meetings with room for public comment at each of them are to come. Let's move this to MPC and if in future meetings we need more time for public input then let's deal with that then. This will be the hardest meeting so let's do our work as council and take the first giant step, otherwise we open it up and could be there countless hours and not get our work done.
Nick
Nick Pavlis

Return to City Of Knoxville, Tennessee / City Council Forum