Knoxville Botanical Garden

Knoxville Botanical Garden

Postby Nick Della Volpe » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:43 am

We are on the cusp of improving the Magnolia Corridor (or at least beginning that task). One of the opportunities for upgrading that corridor is provided by the Knoxville Botanical Garden. I consider it a hidden tourist and business attraction. We need to help folks find it.

I have requested the Mayor at budget time to prepare a second pathway to the Gardens--this time from I -40. The Botanical Gardens are 1.6 miles from I-40 at the Cherry Street exit. A combination of an interstate logo sign announcing this "special attraction" (one of the 4 legitimate categories for such signs), along with street light banners or those green metal signs would take you down Cherry, right on Magnolia for a block to Chestnut and left up to the road by the admin building.(Wimpole Ave.).
Target: the 100,000 plus cars a day that go past this hidden gem. Opportunity for folks to stop and spend a day in Knoxville....

Simple existing department budget use: I.e., Clean up any remaining blighted houses (much already done on Chestnut), fix sidewalks, get more boulevard like tree cover, ...

Result: more visits to Botanical Garden, more business for restaurants, hotels, and exploration of our town.
Nick D
Nick Della Volpe

Re: Knoxville Botanical Garden

Postby Nick Della Volpe » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:36 am

See map of roadway or path described above.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (681.54 KiB) Viewed 28727 times
Nick Della Volpe

Return to City Of Knoxville, Tennessee / City Council Forum